Sorry for not having much recently, but we’re in Norflok and here’s the skinny:
* Trevor Crowe joined the team today. He’ll wear #6 and bat second in tonight’s lineup. I’ll post the lineups and game notes shortly.
* Wes Hodges is again the DH. He has been battling a sore shoulder and hasn’t played third base since last Monday. Torey Lovullo listed him as day-to-day. Hodges took six straight pitches and struck out in his final at-bat yesterday.
* Stephen Head is not in the lineup. He hasn’t been seen (in the lineup) since Friday’s game in Durham. Head aggravated his knee sliding for a ball in right field. He is also day-to-day, but then again… aren’t we all?
* Reliever Scott Roehl tweaked his groin and was placed on the disabled list today. Roehl has appeared in three games with a 3.38 ERA, one save, six strikeouts, three walks.
* INF Cristo Arnal was promoted from Kinston before yesterday’s game. Arnal has only played one game above class A (Akron in ’07). Lovullo said he’ll only be used in an “emergency situation”. He was 8-for-26 (.308) in eight games with Kinston.
* Matt LaPorta and Luis Valbuena both started for Cleveland yesterday in Detroit. LaPorta was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts and Valbuena was 0-for-2 with a walk. Justin Verlander punched out eleven batters in the Tigers 3-1 win.
Clippers Head Groundskeeper Colin Lattimer made this comment to me last week: “Your blog is ok, but (Indianapolis broadcaster) Scott McCauley’s is exceptional.” Translation – You’re blog stinks.
I’ll try to do better, but I’d love any suggestions. Many of you have been very complementary and passed on some good ideas… more photos, injury news, etc.
Feel free to e-mail your thoughts firstname.lastname@example.org