The good, the bad, the ugly… mostly bad and ugly
The Clippers try to snap a six game losing streak tonight against Pawtucket at 7:05pm.
* The Clippers have scored only nine runs in the last six games after scoring 24 runs in two games prior. The three scored in Thursday’s 4-3 loss in Norfolk is the highest total during the streak.
* With yesterday’s roster moves, the Clippers have now made 40 transactions this season. Only 19 moves in April and eleven in the first eight days of May.
* Clay Buchholz struck out eight batters and allowed only one hit in seven innings last night against Columbus. The Clippers finished with two hits and failed to score in a 4-0 defeat.
* The Clippers have failed to score at least four runs in 14 game this season, carrying a 2-12 record in those games.
* Jim Massie of the Columbus Dispatch put together on nice feature on Andy Marte. Click here to read it.
* Jamey Carroll played seven innings at second base in his Clippers debut while rehabbing from a broken hand. He is slated to be the designated hitter tonight and sit out Sunday.
* The Indians signed right-handed reliever Luis Vizcaino to a minor league contract. Word on the street is that he’ll join the Clippers soon.
* The Clippers are waiting on the verdict from Vinnie Chulk as to whether or not he’ll return. Chulk was designated by the Indians and has a May 15th out-clause in his contract. The Clippers currently have a seven-man bullpen despite only carrying eleven pitchers. Jack Cassel is not on the active roster, but is expected to be added for his next turn in the rotation.
* Huntington Park is flooded with little leaguers participating in the Aquafina Sectional Pitch, Hit and Run competition. I’m watching these kids and I’m very impressed by their skills. The winners will be recognized before tonight’s game.
* Speaking of skills… The Bucket Boys will perform during tonight’s game.. they’re outstanding. See what I mean here: Bucket Boys Video
Tonight’s lineups, game notes and another edition of “Random Photos” are coming in a bit.