Columbus and Charlotte meet tonight at 6:35pm at Huntington Park…
* The pitching rotation in Columbus and Cleveland is very much up in the air. Anthony Reyes is on the Indians DL (and may be finished for the season) and David Huff has an ERA of 17.55 in two starts. That means the Tribe probably need starters for Wednesday and Thursday. The Clippers still need to fill Jeremy Sowers’ spot for Thursday vs. Charlotte.
* Travis Hafner is slated to return to the Clippers at the end of the week after taking BP in Cleveland today and tomorrow. Hafner left Sunday’s game with a tight back, but the Indians don’t consider it to be serious. Here’s the story from MLB.com: Hafner has minor setback during rehab
* Wes Hodges continues to do speed drills before Clippers game. Hodges, on the disabled list since May 13, continues to recover from a sprained right wrist after flying to Baltimore to see a specialist.
* I chatted with Nick Kubik of WELW 1330 AM and WHK 1420 AM on his Sunday night show. Here is the link to our award winning conversation about various Clippers/Indians topics.
* Clippers pitching coach Scott Radinsky has been away from the team since Saturday after the passing of his father-in-law. Tim Belcher, the Indians roving pitching coordinator, is the acting pitching coach.
* The Clippers are currently 22-23, but tied for first in the West Division with Indianapolis. Louisville suffered a recent eight-game losing streak and Toledo has now lost nine straight.
* Jordan Brown was named IL Batter of the Week yesterday. He batted .519 (14-for-27) with 3 HR, 7 RBI, and a 1.000 slugging percentage. Brown was third in the league in batting entering Monday.
* Stephen Head may be headed to Goodyear, Arizona to continue recovering from a knee injury that has bothered him since March. Torey Lovullo has said if significant progress isn’t made by June 1st, Head may go to Arizona to rehab.