The Clippers look for three straight over Syracuse tonight at Huntington Park…
* Trevor Crowe’s career-best 18 game hitting streak ended last night. He was 0-for-4 in the Clippers 5-4 win over the Chiefs. Crowe batted .342 (25-for-73) during the streak.
* Masa Kobayashi was released after the game last night. Kobayashi was 2-2 with a 4.66 ERA in 18 games with the Clippers. He was outrighted from Cleveland on May 18th (0-0, 8.38 ERA).
* Fausto Carmona allowed just two runs in seven innings against Syracuse on Thursday. He is now 3-1 with a 2.51 ERA in five minor league starts since the Indians optioned him on June 5th.
* Hector Rondon pitched six innings last night, allowing one run. He is 2-0 with a 0.75 ERA in 12 innings at Triple-A (two starts). The right-hander is a combined 9-5 with a 2.46 ERA in 17 games (15 starts) at Akron and Columbus.
* Thanks for all the compliments regarding my appearance on the Indians “Minor League Magazine Show” on SportsTime Ohio. The show, hosted by Al Pawlowski and Mark Schwab, airs on Tuesdays at 6:00pm.
* The Clippers Booster Club is chartering a bus to Indianapolis for Sunday, August 23rd. Click here for details.
* Kenny Ray has been moved to the bullpen. The Clippers rotation now consists of Fausto Carmona, Hector Rondon, Chuck Lofgren, Jeremy Sowers and Zach Jackson.
* Monday is Dime-A-Dog Night at Huntington Park. Last month’s hot dog extravaganza drew a record crowd of 12,223.
* Indians General Manager Mark Shapiro will be attendance again tonight. Shapiro saw Carmona and Rondon pitch the Clippers to a pair of victories to start the home stand. Click here to hear our interview with Shapiro.
See you at the ballpark!