Saturday in the park
The Clippers put a wrap on the nine game road trip tonight in Toledo…
* Carlos Santana returned to the lineup last night, going 0-for-2 with 3 walks. He has now walked ten times in 14 games, one behind Shelley Duncan for the team lead. Santana has just one hit in his last ten at bats.
* Speaking of Shelley Duncan, he added 3 RBIs to his total last night. He’s tied with Toledo’s Brennan Boesch for the league lead with 17. Boesch was called up to Detroit.
* Mud Hens manager Larry Parrish said last night was the first time in his storied Toledo career that he’s been forced to bat the pitcher. Ryan Strieby (wrist) and Max Leon (foot) were on the roster, but hurt. Boesch was called up to the Tigers and no replacement had arrived by game time. Strieby was placed on the disabled list today and outfielder Deik Scram was added.
* The Toledo pitchers spot in the order was 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.
* Ruddy Lugo could be released from the hospital as early as today. He was hit in the head by Jason Donald’s line drive in the 1st inning of the game.
* Brian Buscher is 1-for-20 (.050) on the road trip and 2 for his last 31. After a three hit game on April11, his average has sunk from .636 to .214.
* The Clippers and Mud Hens will meet again Sunday from Huntington Park in the beginning of a ten game home stand. It’s a Bob Evans Family Fun Day; you won’t find a better value than that.
* Former NFL player turned ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth stopped by our broadcast booth Thursday night to chat. Schlereth’s son, Daniel, is a relief pitcher for the Mud Hens…