Twittergate, the flu, Goedert and more!
* The Clippers have changed the starting rotation more in the last couple days than in the previous month. Josh Tomlin has been announced as tonight’s starter against the Tides.
* Jeanmar Gomez was scheduled to start tonight, but he’s been announced as the spot starter tomorrow in Cleveland.
* David Huff was originally going to get that opportunity, but the Indians changed their minds after a message was posted to Huff’s twitter account announcing that he was going back to the bigs. Now, Huff will pitch tomorrow for the Clippers instead.
* Here is the latest on the Clippers rotation:
Tonight – RH Josh Tomlin @ Norfolk
Sunday – LH David Huff @ Norfolk
Monday – RH Yohan Pino @ Durham
Tuesday – RH Carlos Carrasco @ Durham
Wednesday – TBA @ Durham
* Justin Germano made a spot start for Huff last night when it was believed Huff was Cleveland-bound. It is likely that Germano would stay in the rotation until Gomez comes back for the bigs.
* Jose Constanza has not played since the All-Star break because of flu-like symptoms. He was sick at the All Star game, but did make an appearance as a pinch-runner in the 8th inning.
* Jared Goedert has clubbed 16 homers in 35 games with the Clippers. He hit 16 in 46 games with Class A Lake County in 2007, but suffered a shoulder injury that pushed him off the Indians radar… until now.
* The Clippers pounded out 16 hits last night and have at least ten hits in 17 of the last 22 games. The team is batting .308 during that stretch and averaging 6.2 runs per game. Columbus has double-digit hits in 47 games this year.