It’s a (West Division) race!
The Clippers held a 10.5 game lead in the West Division after a 11-7 win over Pawtucket on July 26th. Now that lead is down to just two games over Louisville and the Clippers have lost eight of the last nine…
* The Clippers and Syracuse Chiefs will play a doubleheader today at 5:00pm. Columbus has lost 10 of 12 in Syracuse dating back to June of 2007. The Chiefs swept Columbus at Alliance Bank Stadium last year.
* Columbus is now 67-49 on the season. The Clippers .578 winning percentage is third best in the league behind Durham (.623) and Scranton/WB (.591).
* Louisville is showing no signs of slowing down. The Bats are 29-7 since July 1st and they’ve won 11 straight at home.
* Jared Goedert is slumping. He is just 7-for-36 (.194) over his last nine games. Goedert has not homered since July 27th.
* The Clippers have hit just two HRs in the last nine games. Prior to that, Columbus had 17 HRs in nine games. The team has gone 169 at-bats since the last.
* Jose Constanza is tied for 2nd in the league’s “stolen base race”. Constanza has swiped 28 bags, tied with Durham’s Desmond Jennings. Boomer Whiting of Syracuse has 29.
* The bullpen had a 2.78 ERA in 94 games this year. Since then, the ‘pen has an ERA of 10.01 ERA.
* The Clippers attendance average of 8,736 per game is 3rd in Minor League Baseball.
Talk to you soon!