Leo: Cowboy hats and body slams
As the season quickly approaches, Sunday was my annual television binge and as a farewell to the tube. 144 baseball games over the next 153 days makes it tough to get any quality time with my flat screen, high-definition buddy. Even with a DVR system in place.
My wife and I watched a bit of the Academy of Country Music Awards, which is a big enough deal to get network coverage (CBS). I cannot in any way, shape, or form, be classified as a country music fan, but I really enjoyed the show.
The highlight was watching Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler rocking out with Carrie Underwood (Yes, Steven Tyler performed at a Country Music Awards show; don’t ask me to explain it). I guess we’ve come a long way since Conway Twitty toured the country music scene.
If you weren’t watching the CMA (yes, I’m already hip enough to abbreviate it) you probably went the pay-per-view route and locked in to Wrestlemania XXVII. I heard Snooki from MTV’s ever-popular “Jersey Shore” made a cameo appearance. This however, pales in comparison to “Rowdy” Roddy Piper emptying a fire extinguisher into the face of Morton Downey Jr. at Wrestlemania V. That’s a classic.
Despite the absence of “Hot Rod”, I’m told Vince McMahon put on another show for the ages.
So with that, it’s time for the NCAA Basketball Championship Game on Monday and then baseball, baseball, and more baseball.
Hey, speaking of baseball…
* The Clippers will visit Akron in an exhibition game on Monday. It will be Alex White’s turn to pitch as he’s slated to pitch again Sunday in Indianapolis in his Triple-A debut.
* I’ll be a guest on the “Ken Carman Show” on Fox Sports 1350 in Akron to preview the game. Listen live at 5:20pm.
* The Clippers Cargo Shop will be closed Monday.
* We have posted an earlier recorded interview with Mike Sarbaugh.
*Grady Sizemore was at Progressive Field today and he’s expected to play in the Clippers/Aeros game. Jordan Bastian of MLB.com has more on Sizemore’s road to recovery.
* The Clippers will host Ohio State Tuesday at 6:35pm. All tickets are just $5.
I’ll have more tomorrow.