Leo: “One Shining Moment”
It’s a very bittersweet night for me. The college basketball season has ended and that’s sad for a hoops junkie like me. However, CBS is showing its’ “One Shining Moment” tournament montage, one of the highlights of my year. The tiebreaker is this: the Major League Baseball season is underway and the minor leaguers are counting down the hours until the first pitch.
2 -1, it’s officially a good night…
* The Clippers and Aeros were washed out today, but they’re still scheduled to play in Columbus Wednesday at 2:05pm.
* Grady Sizemore and Joe Smith will now play for the Clippers against Ohio State in Tuesday’s game. First pitch is slated for 6:35pm. All tickets are just $5.
Clippers historian Joe Santry has some nuggets on the Clippers/OSU game:
- · The Clippers will supply the pitchers for both teams. With a much deeper bench and staff, and with the Buckeyes coming off a three-game weekend series and looking at a game the following day (Wednesday vs. Miami) and a Big Ten weekend series at Indiana looming, it is most advantageous for the rest of Ohio State’s week to let the Clippers’ pitchers do the pitching. It’s typical, too.
- · Both teams will use wood bats. The new BBCOR bat standards have decreased the size of the sweet spot for the college game bats, making them function more like a wooden bat. Still, the Buckeye hitters will use wooden bats, just like the Clippers. The Clippers will supply the bats.
* Ryne Sandberg is hoping to manage Lehigh Valley over .500 for the first time in franchise history. A win on Thursday would accomplish that. Here’s more on that and the International league season from MILB.com
* Tony Lastoria of Indians Prospect Insider has a look at the Cleveland farm system rosters.
See you at the park!