Leo: Season Review (mostly in links)
The Clippers finished off a second consecutive Triple-A National Championship with a 8-3 win over Omaha a couple of weeks ago. Now we can take some time to relish this special season and look ahead to see what 2012 will bring…
* There are lots of goodies from the Triple-A Championship Game:
The Awards Presentation (Clippers YouTube)
* The Clippers are in the running for some MILB Awards:
Best Triple-A Team
Moment of the Year: Justin Germano’s “Perfect Game”
Triple-A Game of the Year: Chad Huffman’s 10 RBIs or Germano’s perfecto
Vote as often as you can through Oct. 20th!
* Indians Prospect Insider has published its’ Clippers Season Review
* Clippers President/General Manager Ken Schnacke was named the “International League Executive of the Year”
* Mike Sarbaugh was named the league’s “Manager of the Year”
* Bill Lubinger of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes “Accomplished in the minor leagues, Cleveland Indians’ Mike Sarbaugh waiting for a chance to manage”
* Jason Kipnis and Luis Valbuena were named to the post-season International League All-Star team
* Tony Lastoria (Indians Prospect Insider) chatted about the farm system with Indians’ VP of Player Development Ross Atkins.
* Clippers outfielder Travis Buck has declared for free agency. Non 40-man roster players with six years of experience are eligible for free agency. Here is the Indians’ current 40-man roster. Here is the Clippers playoff roster.
* For more off-season reading, here’s a copy of Anthony Slosser’s Triple-A Championship game notes.
Keep checking back here for more news and notes on the Clippers!
Nov. 4 – MLB free agency begins
Dec. 1 – Last day to request outright waivers to assign a player to Rule 5 Draft
Dec. 5 – Last day to outright a player prior to Rule 5 Draft
Dec. 8 – Rule 5 Draft
Dec. 5-8, Baseball Winter Meetings (Dallas, TX)
Feb 16 – Indians’ pitchers and catchers report to spring taining
Feb. 19 – Indians’ first full-squad workout
Apr. 5 – Clippers’ Opening Day vs. Louisville, Indians’ Opening Day vs. Toronto