Leo: Season Tickets, former Clips, and apps for everyone!
I remember talking on the Clippers broadcast, in late August, about how disappointing the MLB races were. We assumed the Red Sox and Braves had locked up the wild card spots and both collapsed, resulting in an amazing finish to the regular season. Now, the momentum has carried into the post-season with three of four Divisional Series’ going the distance. We’re now down to the “Final Four” and it should be a fun couple of weeks.
* The only former Clippers player that I can think of left in the MLB playoffs is Cardinals pitcher Octavio Dotel, who pitched five games in Columbus during the 2006 campaign as a Yankee. There may be more, if so, e-mail them to me at email@example.com. I’ll also be consulting with smokin’ Joe Santry, the Clippers historian, to see if he has any others.
* Baseball America has compiled its’ post-season Top 20 International League prospects, there are a couple of Clippers mentioned.
* Jim Massie of the Dispatch writes “Clippers fans unlikely to see Tribe’s top prospects in 2012″
* You’ve asked for it and now you have it! 2012 Clippers season tickets are on sale November 1st! Check out the schedule.
* Former International League managers Larry Parrish (Toledo) and Ron Johnson (Pawtucket) have been relieved of their MLB coaching jobs with Atlanta and Boston, respectively.
* Don’t forget to download the Clippers app for your iPhone or Android!
* Happy Birthday the Clippers front office staffer Yoshi Ando. Yoshi is somewhere between 25 and 45 years old, and he’s the only Japanese-Canadian-American on the staff… He’s one of our favorites!
* The Mets have promoted Buffalo manager Tim Teufel and pitching coach Ricky Bones to the major league staff.
* The Clippers Cargo Shop has a new shipment of Triple-A Championship t-shirts and hats! Order them here.
Check back soon for more!